Insta Block Set+
Block Joining Mortar for AAC Blocks & Bricks
Insta Block Set+™ smart bond (AAC block joining mortar) is a ready to mix, self curing cementitious mortar for laying of AAC, CLC, Hollow concrete blocks and bricks. It’s a factory made premixed mortar blended with carefully selected raw materials such as graded sand, mineral binders and ordinary Portland cement (OPC) in combination with selected polymeric additives which help in providing mechanical bond and adhesion between the blocks and block to surface. Designed for use with water to produce high strength thixotropic mortar, Insta Block Set+ smart bond is manufactured by following strict quality norms and is in compliance with C 1660-09 ASTM standards (www.astm.org), a worldwide standard followed for thin bed mortar for autoclaved aerated concrete masonry that meets the requirements of National and International standards.
- High Strength (Tensile Splitting Strength): optimally
polymerized Insta Block Set+ smart bond provides
additional bond strength apart from the mechanical
sand-cement bonding due to hydration retainer
compounds which gives solid robust wall with long
- Self Curing: No curing required after block work is done,
thus saving critical resources like water.
- Flexible & Improved Workability: due to added polymers
it results in improved quality, water retention and open
time of mortar
- Less Storage Space: Insta Block Set+ smart bond is ready
to mix product there by eliminating need for bulk storage of sand and cement.
- Construction Accuracy: Due to measured application and thin bed, the wall construction is accurate.
- Fast Construction and Higher Productivity: Insta Block
Set+™ smart bond is a timely setting mortar which allows
uninterrupted block mounting, which is far lower in time
than conventional and ordinary mortars. Combined with
qualities of good workability, spread of material and no
need of curing, Insta Block Set+ smart bond increases
speed of construction – only 24 to 48 hrs required before
next stage like plastering.
- Withstand Hammering and Chiseling: Insta Block Set+
smart bonds are able to withstand the hammering and
chiseling required to be done for window, door frames
and conduiting after 48-72 hours.
- ASTM Complaint: It is specially formulated and tested to
be in compliance with ASTM C 1660 -09 and gives the
confidence to the consumer of a product based on
Directions for Use
- Pre-wet the blocks and ensure it is touch dry before
thin bed Block joining masonry mortar is applied
- The surface for mounting must be thoroughly cleaned of
all dust, loose materials, oil, grease etc.
- Ensure that surface is flat, structurally sound and free
from any other contamination which would reduce the
- The surface should be free from voids, holes and cracks.
- Gradually add 3 parts of powder to 1 part of water (by
volume) Take water in the container and slowly add the
powder into the water while mixing by hand or slow
speed mixing machine. Mix for 3 to 5 minutes till a
smooth thixotropic mix without lumps is obtained,
resulting into good bonding strength with the blocks.
- After mixing allow the paste to stand for 2- 3 minutes to
mature and again mix it for paste consistency.
- Do not attempt to extend the pot life by adding more water to the mixed adhesive.
- Put well mixed mortar on the block with help of trowel,
spread mortar uniformly on the unit.
- Use notch trowel for good transfer and firmly place the
block with slight shear to ensure good transfer &
- Insta Block Set+ smart bond to be applied on the faces of
the block and on column and beam, material to be
applied on both i.e. surfaces as well as on block to ensure
good bonding at the joints.
- Use rubber hammer to have good contact between the
- Go on placing the blocks with above method and erect
- Put well mixed mortar on the block with help of trowel,
Coverage of Insta Block Set+ smart bond Mortar is approx
120 sq ft to 140 sq ft of block size 600x200x100 mm in a 40
kg bag for 3mm bed thickness, (the coverage will vary
depending on surface conditions.)
Factory sealed bags of this product are guaranteed to be of
first quality for 6 months* from date of manufacture, if
stored off the ground in a dry area, at 21°C and 50% RH.
(*High humidity will reduce the shelf life of bagged product)
For interior and exterior use for fixing AAC Fly ash, CLC,
Hollow, concrete blocks & bricks
Conforms to ASTM C 1660, IS 2250 (Grade MM5),
40 kg & 30 kg HDPE laminated bags
Availability and Cost
INSTA BLOCK SET+™ materials are available
across INDIA For distributor information:
Note : – All surfaces should be between 9 °C to 32 °C and
structurally sound, clean and free of all dirt, oil, grease,
concrete sealers or curing compounds. Rough or uneven
concrete surfaces should be made even and hacking should
be done to ensure complete bonding to the smooth surfaces.
Before installation surface should be made on a damp using a
wet sponge or water. All slabs must be plumb and true to
within ¼” (6mm) in 10 ft (3m).
Note : – In order to realize all the product advantages, for high
quality construction and best performance, it is necessary to
follow the AAC Block Manufacturer’s instructions or IS 6041
or other relevant codes and good practices
Health & Safety: Insta Block Set+™ smart bond is non-toxic. Use of gloves
and goggles is recommended. Any splashes to the skin or eyes should be
washed off with clean water. In the event of prolonged irritation, medical
advice should be sought. Insta Block Set+™ components are non flammable.
#Note: Pot life, open time and adjustability time varies depending on the
service conditions viz temperature, humidity and wind factor.
#Note: These test values were obtained during our laboratory tests. Site
mixes may show slight differences in performance due to methods of
Disclaimer: Information on this datasheet is to be treated as guideline for
usage. Users are advised to undertake a trial for product suitability prior to
its full scale usage. There is no express or implied guaranty/warranty for the
results. The company is not liable for any consequential damages.
Technical specifications for Insta Block Set+ Smart Bond (AAC Block Joining Mortar) Tested @ 27 ± 2® C & R.H. ≥ 65 %
|Grey Color Granular powder
|4 - 5 mm
a) Dry Density (Loose)
b) Wet Density
|1450 kg/m³ - 1550 kg/m³
1750 kg/m³ - 1850 kg/m³
|25 – 30 %
|90 minutes @ 27 ® C
|Yes, No water curing req
|24 hrs @ 27 ® C
|30 kg & 40 kg
Performance properties as per ASTM C – 1660
|Split Tensile Strength
Test method ASTM C – 1660 @ 28 days
(valid for 90 % transfer of material)
|0.28 Mpa – 0.4 Mpa
|0.34 Mpa – 0.4 Mpa
Performance properties as per IS 2250 Standard
|5.0 Mpa – 7.5 Mpa
|7 Mpa – 9 Mpa
|90 – 130 mm
|100 – 110 mm
|Minimum 70 %
|86 – 90 %
- All the test are regularly performed in our well – equipped testing and R & D lab at standard lab
conditions .viz. temperature @ 27 °C & R.H. @ 65 %
- Specifications are subject to change without notification. Results shown are typical but reflect test
- Actual field performance will depend on installation methods and site conditions. We take up to ± 5
% deviation in the above results
Comparison between Normal Mortar Vs Insta Block Set+ Smart Bond
|Insta Block Set+ Smart Bond
|Fast Setting. Plastering can be done 48 hours
|50 liters for 1 Cum of AAC Block Wall
|15 liters for 1 Cum of AAC Block Wall
Immense quantity of water & labour required
|No, because it is Self-Curing.
Saves water for curing and labour.
|1 Cum’s per day with one mason & one helper
|2 Cum’s per day with one mason & one helper
|Block Wall Finish
|About 240 kg of Cement & Sand per Cum of
AAC Block Wall plus Water
|30 kg per Cum AAC Block Wall plus water
|Water penetration through
|Plastering of walls
|Plastering can begin only after curing is
complete which means after 10 days
|Since it is self-curing plastering can be done
after 48 hours
|Leaves the site dirty after masonry work.
|Leaves the site clean after masonry work thus
saving on cleaning-up job
|Green Building Effect
|Consumption of Cement & Sand is very high
since bed-thickness 10-15 mm
Water Consumption is high
|Consumption of Cement & Sand is low since
bed-thickness 3-4 mm
Water Consumption is low
- The above features shown in italics (in first column) result in financial savings, as well. These are hidden savings
- Special notch-trowels are used for masonry work which help in maintaining 3-4 mm bed thickness and thus control consumption of Insta Block Set+ Smart Bond Mortar.
- Shelf-life of Insta Block Set+ Smart Bond is 6 months.